About Your Checkup Plus™ Eye Examination
At Eyecare Plus Ashgrove, our experienced optometrists will take the time needed to provide a thorough eye examination. We call this our Checkup Plus™.
Your Checkup Plus™ examination with our optometrist will take between 30 to 45 minutes. During your examination, a health history will be recorded. It is important for you to provide all information, regardless of how insignificant you might think it is.
We're also pleased to offer Optomap® Ultra-Widefield Retinal Imaging as standard on all consultations.
A Checkup Plus™ examination includes testing for the following:
- Eye health
- General physical health
- Clearness of vision (Myopia, Hyperopia, Astigmatism)
- Colour vision
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Focusing ability (Presbyopia)
- Eye muscle control
- Amblyopia (lazy eye)
- Macular degeneration
- UV Damage
- Suitability for refractive laser surgery and other areas as appropriate for each individual.
Optomap® Ultra-Widefield Retinal Imaging
We are pleased to offer Optomap® Ultra-Widefield Retinal Imaging as standard for all our patients when they visit us for an eye examination.
This amazing technology allows us to capture a detailed image of the back of your eyes. We can then use this imagery as part of your comprehensive eye examination to create a complete picture of your eye health.
The Optomap device takes a wide-angled image of your eye giving us a 200° view of your retina – it’s a bit like taking a panoramic photo of the back of your eyes! This allows us to easily view parts of your retina that we wouldn’t usually be able to see in a standard eye exam. Find out more about this service in this blog post.
During Your Checkup Plus™ Eye Examination
Your Checkup Plus™ eye examination is a routine and pleasant experience. Some advice…
- Don’t worry about making a mistake or giving the wrong answer
- Don’t worry about your answers contradicting one another
- Don’t hesitate to say so if you are unable to answer some of the questions
- Don’t be alarmed if, for a few minutes during the examination, you find your vision getting worse instead of better.
To make an appointment with one of our optometrists simply book online or call 07 3463 0349 during business hours.
Ready to book an appointment?
Online bookings available or call us on (07) 3463 0349.